Teams are responsible for obtaining the correct paperwork to visit France to compete at #WCBU2017. Please note that we cannot provide specific advice on the process, but we do strongly recommend that you get started as soon as possible.
You will find all the needed information and countries list here: http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/getting-a-visa/article/faq-visas
The TOC can provide your team administrator with a letter confirming your team’s registration at the event. To do that we generally require confirmation of the following details for all the members of your group:
- Full name (as shown on passport)
- Passport number
- Date of birth
- Role on team (i.e. player, coach, manager, etc)
Things to think about now:
- Specifically what information is required? Do you need anything else other than the items noted above?
- Please make sure you leave us some time to produce this document: do not assume that we can send it back the same day!
- Find out if you will need a hard copy with original signature – obviously that will take extra time and next day delivery around the world is expensive!
If you need to contact us regarding the above points, you can do it here: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note: we cannot, and will not, provide a formal “invitation” to attend the event and non-ability to enter France is not grounds for a request of a refund for a team and/or player fees.
Please be aware that some nations do not require a visa, however must travel with certain paperwork to show officers at the French & EU borders – we recommend EVERY TEAM makes specific enquiries.
You will find all useful informations here: http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/your-stay-in-france-practical/article/customs-information